Gigaset SX686 WiMAX Gateways
Gigaset SX686 WiMAX
Indoor WiMAX gateway with WLAN for a superior networking solution for small office
Indoor WiMAX gateway with WLAN for a superior networking solution for small office or small enterprise users and the demanding residential user
- Based on IEEE 802.16-2005 and fully compliant to Wave 2 certification, including MIMO A and B and beamforming
- Fully self installing over the air or Web interface
- Supports TR-069 and OMA-DM
- Two internal antennas for receive, one for transmit (7-9 dBi)
- Integrated WLAN for wireless network connectivity, supporting WLAN handsets
- Convenient button to easily switch WLAN on or off
- 4 Ethernet ports
- 1 USB host to connect a printer or external hard drive
- Supports up to 6 SIP accounts for VoIP
- 2 FXS ports to connect analog phones or a fax machine
- PBX functionality (e.g., CLIP, call forwarding, conferencing) for up to 6 extensions
- Multiple connections enabled
- VLAN tagging based on TOS bits, MAC, IP, LAN/FXS ports, connections, management traffic
- Up to 20 Mbits
- Stateful inspection firewall
- Parental control and content filtering
- WEP, WPA/WPA2, MAC-filtering, WPS
The Siemens Gigaset SX686 WiMAX gateway was designed with the small office, small enterprise or demanding residential user in mind. Four Ethernet ports enable professional network connectivity and a printer or external hard drive can be connected via a USB host. The PBX functionality for up to 6 extensions supports CLIP, call-forwarding and conferencing. Both fixed line phones and VoIP phones can be connected. It also offers WLAN, which can be easily switched on and off with a button.
The Gigaset SX686 WiMAX is part of the new Gigaset 802.16-2005 portfolio, which initially includes a basic modem, a VoIP modem and two feature-rich gateways.
The Gigaset SX686 WiMAX is based on IEEE 802.16-2005 and Wave 2 compliant to provide optimal capacity, throughput and coverage. The gateway combines two integrated high gain antennas which support MIMO (Matrix A and B) and adaptive beamforming to boost signal strength between the base station and WiMAX devices. It also employs Space-Time-Coding (STC) and Spatial Multiplexing (SM) to improve coverage and effectively double the data throughput. In demanding environments, all indoor CPEs can connect to an external outdoor antenna. Siemens offers outdoor antennas with a gain of up to 18 dBi.
Remote device management is key to successful WiMAX deployments. Siemens approach eliminates costly truck rolls or prolonged technical support for the service provider. And through secure remote provisioning, authentication, configuration and management, the Gigaset SX686 WiMAX ensures a positive user experience. With the field proven Gigaset Software Suite, Siemens offers a powerful set of remote device management tools based on TR-069. Of course, all Siemens Gigaset WiMAX devices based on 802.16-2005 support both the TR-069 and the OMA-DM protocols specified by the WiMAX Forum.
With a throughput of up to 20 Mbps, subscribers will benefit from high-speed access.
All WiMAX CPEs are developed and manufactured in Germany under the most stringent quality and environmental standards. They support the 2.3 to 2.7 and 3.4 to 3.8 GHz frequency bands and are commercially available.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.